Spend optimization is more than negotiating a contract with a Provider. Spend is also impacted by the Products you use, how People use these products and what Process you apply to make sure everything remains under control, in spite of a continuously changing environment.
OUR TOOLS TO REDUCE COSTS
Since 25+ years, we work with large organisations to optimize their telecom services and costs, with many occasions to work on all aspects mentioned above. This experience enable us to benchmark your situation and be more efficient.
- Provider: by working with many customers, we have a good knowledge of the market situation and can use this knowledge at your advantage during negotiations. We also use our software development skills to develop quick tools that enable us to get a detailed and precise view of your situation so we can negotiate where it matters and obtain conditions that are best suited to your situation.
- Product: fix-mobile convergence is a typical product that can come in very handy to reduce the cost of international calls. With a client installed on the mobile, the international call is routed through your fix infrastructure. But does that make sense for you ? How much can you save ? This is the kind of situation we can analyse, and this is just one example. Our telecom expertise enable us to appreciate all the options you have to reduce your costs.
A TEM solution provides a complete, detailed and up-to-date visibility of all expenses. It is a valuable source of information which helps for all areas indicated above.
- Provider: TEM has all the necessary data to know your traffic and profiles so you can negotiate exactly what you need, and you can simulate the outcome precisely. Information is power ! After implementing the new contract, you can verify the expected savings.
- People: a major benefit of TEM is the ability to generate and send custom reports to each user/manager. By raising the awareness, this has a tremendous effect on the costs and we usually observe that the expenses drop by 20% or more as a direct consequence of sending reports. We even observed that the expenses then increase again if we stop sending reports.
- Process: how often do you check invoices for errors or verify if each mobile has the appropriate options ? Unless you have a TEM solution in place, such work is very tedious and may be performed only occasionally. By simplifying and automating such tasks, you can detect and correct anomalies as soon as they happen so you reduce your invoice asap. Another aspect are the indirect costs associated with the administrative work of managing a mobile fleet, by reducing the workload up to 50%, a TEM solution reduces the indirect costs in the same proportion.
Tspendo is a software tool we developed to help in the process of detecting/correcting subscriptions and options for mobile contracts.
- Process: a mobile fleet is like quicksand, it requires continuous monitoring and adjustments due to changing usage patterns and changing offers from the carrier. In most situations, the mobile invoice can be reduced by playing with subscriptions or options (eg: package for data roaming). But the volume of mobiles and the variety of options make this task almost impossible. Tspendo processes your electronic invoices, performs simulations and provides unprecedented visibility that reveals anomalies and tells the best options for each mobile. In most situations, Tspendo identifies savings around 20%.
- People: by providing a detailed report about usage pattern and anomalies, Tspendo can spot top users so we can make them aware and avoid excessive spend. Of course, a TEM solution would be more appropriate in the long term because it can send automated and regular reports to all users/managers, but Tspendo can be a one-shot action to achieve quick wins, and maybe make a business case for moving to TEM.
The money spent for data roaming is still a major concern and the surprises usually arrives too late when the only choice left is to pay the invoice. WANDERA is a technology that helps prevent such bill-shock through a client installed on the smartphone and monitoring data traffic in real-time. Since you get notified of high usage, you can act asap to limit roaming costs. Another feature is to route data traffic through a proxy, with the possibility to allow/block certain types of traffic while roaming (eg: youtube).