TECHNOLOGY EXPENSE MANAGEMENT
TEM OPTIMIZES THE MANAGEMENT OF IT EXPENSES
The management of Technology Expenses (Telecom, Mobile, Network, Cloud, …) in a large organisation involves many actors, activities and tools, as illustrated on the page Reduce Workload. TEM acts as a common platform to centralize all information, optimize the process, avoid errors and create visibility. The end result is a reduction of the costs and the workload for all people involved. For telecom services, experience shows up to 30% reduction for the costs and 50% of the workload, as you can read in ours success-stories. TEM solutions are often part of wider solutions called TLM (Technology Lifecycle Management) designed to take care of the whole process, not just the expenses.
TMANCO IS YOUR TANGOE PARTNER IN SWITZERLAND
Your local contact & telecom expert for global solutions from Tangoe, the world leader in Technology Lifecycle Management (TLM) solutions for Mobility, Network and Cloud.
Technology Expense Management Platform
Tangoe’s market leading technology expense management solution gives you the confidence that your IT bills are okay to pay – and then shows you how to reduce them!
HOW TEM CONTRIBUTES TO YOUR GOALS
A TEM solution provides a complete, detailed and up-to-date visibility of all expenses. It is a valuable source of information which helps for all areas indicated above.
- Provider: TEM has all the necessary data to know your traffic and profiles so you can negotiate exactly what you need, and you can simulate the outcome precisely. Information is power ! After implementing the new contract, you can verify the expected savings.
- People: a major benefit of TEM is the ability to generate and send custom reports to each user/manager. By raising the awareness, this has a tremendous effect on the costs and we usually observe that the expenses drop by 20% or more as a direct consequence of sending reports. We even observed that the expenses then increase again if we stop sending reports.
- Process: how often do you check invoices for errors or verify if each mobile has the appropriate options ? Unless you have a TEM solution in place, such work is very tedious and may be performed only occasionally. By simplifying and automating such tasks, you can detect and correct anomalies as soon as they happen so you reduce your invoice asap. Another aspect are the indirect costs associated with the administrative work of managing a mobile fleet, by reducing the workload up to 50%, a TEM solution reduces the indirect costs in the same proportion.
TEM is a software platform designed specifically to to handle all activities associated with the management of a telecom fleet (mobile, fix, data lines, and more). It includes a variety of features to simplify and automate the common tasks. We estimate that using a TEM can reduce the overall workload up to 50%.
- Sourcing: TEM provides all the necessary data to know your traffic and profiles so you can negotiate exactly what you need, and you can simulate the outcome precisely. After implementing the new contract, you can verify the expected savings.
- Order management: TEM provides workflow features to handle order/termination/etc. TEM is integrated with your systems so inventory management requires minimal activities.
- Helpdesk: a TEM acts as a central repository and can also provide a self-care portal for endusers.
- Accounting: TEM imports automatically all electronic invoices and associates the costs to each user/cost-center. Performing cost-allocation can be as simple as importing a generated file into your accounting system.
- Reporting: this is a key feature, with one click you generate and send custom reports to each user/manager. With such visibility, you can delegate many verifications and reduce the need for central controlling.
- Optimization: you benefit from the high visibility, it becomes then easy to detect and correct anomalies.
In addition to the software platform, we provide also a variety of managed services. We can take care of some/all of the above activities so you can focus on your core business.